(Sistema Español de Notificación en Seguridad en Anestesia y Reanimación)
RESEARCHER POST OFFER
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated individual who wishes to further develop his/her career in clinical research and his/her experience of multinational research projects.
SENSAR, the Spanish Anaesthesia and Reanimation Safety Incident Reporting System, is a private non-profit scientific society leaded by patient safety expert clinicians that acts as a partner and lead of a work package at SAFEST (H2021 – 101057825). SAFEST will develop and implement a set of European Evidence-based Standardised Patient Safety practices for the perioperative period.
The main duties of the Investigator will include the following:
- Providing a key contact in Spain for project international partners
- Participating, as part of SENSAR research team, in the development of a consensus on a set of perioperative patient safety/care standardized practices based on an exhaustive literature and desk review of secondary sources and a Delphi study of stakeholders (clinicians and patients) in EU-27 member states
- Conducting, under the supervision and collaboration with the SENSAR research team, a guided self-evaluation of the project evidence-based standardized practices in the two sample hospitals in Spain
- Contributing to the identification of the two sample hospitals most important improvement areas in perioperative patient safety/care based on incompletely or not complied standardized practices
- Participating in the assessment of organizational readiness and patient needs for the implementation of standardized practices
- Facilitating the local implementation of the evidence-based practices through Quality Improvement Learning Collaboratives in the two sample hospitals in Spain
- Scientific manuscripts drafting
- University degree in Health or Life Science
- Excellent oral and written language in both English (C1) and Spanish (C1)
- Availability to work in Madrid with travels in Spain as appropriate.
- If the applicant is a non-EU citizen, he/she must have a valid work permit at the time of application and for the duration of the contract.
Requirements and Skills to be valued
- Multinational clinical research experience
- European project management experience
- Quality and Patient Safety improvement experience
- Knowledge of the clinical perioperative environment
- Good communication and team skills
- Scientific literature review and critical analysis
- Delphi surveys design and evaluation experience
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Scientific writing
- Other languages: French, German, Italian, Russian
- Full-time post (35 hours per week)
- Duration 4 years, starting June 2022
- Annual Gross Salary: 41.000€
- Trial period: 6 months
- Experience in the field of Patient Safety and Quality improvement science of implementation and patient empowerment
- Integration in a research team and networking with other European researchers and patient safety and quality experts
- Participation in the writing and authorship of scientific papers
Submission of applications and selection process
- Application should be submitted by email, in .doc or .pdf formats, to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Content of the application:
- Name, surname(s), address, e-mail and contact telephone number
- CV indicating training and professional experience with a description of the functions performed and list of publications.
- Motivation letter
- Letter of recommendation or previous employer contact details
- Deadline for application: May 20th 2022 24:00
All applications submitted will be evaluated by the SENSAR chairperson, the principal investigator of the project and one member of the research team at the proposal of SENSAR chairperson. Following a shortlisting, selected applicants will be contacted to perform an online interview in Spanish and English. Previous employers may be contacted for reference for those applicants shortlisted.